How to measure for multi-flue chimney cap
It takes five basic measurements to measure for a chimney cap:
- The first measurement is going to be the LENGTH of both flues together.
- Second measurement is going to be the WIDTH of both flues together.
- Third measurement is the WIDTH of the entire chimney crown.
- Fourth measurement is the LENGTH of the entire chimney crown.
- Fifth measurement is going to be the HEIGHT of
your tallest flue. In considering this measurement you will need to
make sure the screen height is going to maintain a proper draft by
allowing 8 inches taller than the tallest flue.
Also when measuring for mounting purposes you could just cover only the
length and width of the flues or you can cover to the edge of the crown.
Unsure where to order a Custom Cap?
NOTE: If you do not have clay flue tiles, you will just need
overall measurement of the crown L X W inside and outside dimension.
Chimney Liner Central Home: The DIY Chimney Liner Website